Program objective and description
Program Objective is to increase access to affordable high-speed internet throughout the whole Georgia.
The development of the fiber-optic backbone infrastructure will help private operators to build retail networks and to getting the internet to the end users. As a result, the population will have opportunity to access such programs and services as: e-Health, e-Education, e-Governance, e-Commerce and other modern-day services, in the settlements where such services didn’t exist before.
For the purpose of the development of free entrepreneurial activities, improvement of competition and attraction of private investments in the field of telecommunications, the program will provide the entire territory of Georgia with:
- Creation of unified neutral fiber-optic network
- Development of retail services in the targeted geographic areas
- Connection between any two access points along the course of the network
For the purpose of achieving mentioned goals, following will be done:
- Design and construction of broadband infrastructure and data transmission networks,
- To be connected to the access points owned by the operators, which, according to the Communications Commission, are connected to the operators' optical-fiber highways by a continuous optical-fiber connection and have the required number of optical channels for the implementation of the program;
- Planning / arranging access points and providing open access services to the transmission network to any provider in the target White Zone geographical area, under free, unrestricted and non-discriminatory conditions; for the purpose of the operators developing their own broadband infrastructure and with the help of their own networks, providing the end users with the broadband internet service access.
The first stage of the project will be the Pilot Project, which includes construction of broadband infrastructure (including data transmission network/equipment) in the geographic area of Ozurgeti, Guria region. (main parameters: number of settlements -49, households – 8,516, population – 28,576, orientation length of optic fiber cable – 140 km)
The World Bank, for the purpose of supporting of the National Broadband Network Development Strategy 2020-2025, with the cooperation of the Georgia of Government, developed the “Log in Georgia” project. The building of the pilot infrastructure is the start of this big project, which implies the internetisation of the whole Georgia – this will be approximately 1000 settlements (among those high mountainous settlements too). By implementing the broadband infrastructure development envisioned by this project, around 500,000 people will benefit.
The project will be implemented by “Open Net” during five years, with the assistance of the Communications Commission and the overseeing by the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia.
„საქართველოში ფართოზოლოვანი ინფრასტრუქტურის განვითარების სახელმწიფო პროგრამის დამტკიცების შესახებ“ საქართველოს მთავრობის 2016 წლის 28 ივლისის №375 დადგენილება https://matsne.gov.ge/ka/document/view/3355632
"საქართველოში ფართოზოლოვანი ინფრასტრუქტურის განვითარების სახელმწიფო პროგრამით განსაზღვრული ფართოზოლოვანი ინფრასტრუქტურის მშენებლობის კომპონენტის შეუფერხებლად განხორციელების მიზნით გასატარებელი ღონისძიებების თაობაზე" საქართველოს მთავრობის 2018 წლის 17 აპრილის № 806 განკარგულება
საქართველოს იუსტიციის მინისტრის 2019 წლის 31 დეკემბრის ბრძანება #487 "საჯარო რეესტრის შესახებ" ინსტრუქციის დამტკიცების თაობაზე https://matsne.gov.ge/ka/document/view/4764812?publication=1